Working Group – AgTech & Biomass
On Thursday 2 February 2023, a working group on AgTech and biomass was held at the Agreen Lab'O Village by CA Orléans, in partnership with INRAE's BIO2E (environmental biotechnology & biorefinery) platform.
On this occasion, several members were able to present their expertise and projects related to the valorisation of biomass and the circular economy through the use of new technologies:
- Diana GARCIA-VERNET from INRAE on the BIO2E platform: biomass analysis, mobile physicochemical pre-treatment units, rapid methods for characterising organic matter (biomass, digestate, etc.).
- Pierre-Yves ROBERT of VASTEM: BIOPLACE, a future platform for direct exchanges between producers and users of organic matter from waste or its recovery.
- Emmanuelle PERCHERON of LA RESSOURCERAIE: project for a secure data exchange platform for the new development of target plant species.
- Laurent LEJARS from the CHAMBRE D'AGRICULTURE DU LOIRET: methanisation and the impact of the biowaste regulation, biomass valorisation for the nitrogen autonomy of farms.
- Sylvain BOURGERIE from the UNIVERSITE D'ORLEANS: valorisation by pyrolysis of woody biomass and co-products from the agri-food industry in order to reduce the availability of soil pollutants and to fight against cryptogamic diseases.
- Nathalie LEEMPUT and Patrice ANDRE of the CDHRC (Horticultural Development Committee of the Centre Region): MurVal project, a virtuous territorial ecosystem: the Mutualisation of regional competences for the benefit of the valorization of plants.
After the presentations, the participants enjoyed a buffet lunch and a moment dedicated to networking.
It was a successful and dynamic working group thanks to the involvement of the participants and the quality of the exchanges. Thanks again to the participants!
See you at the next working group scheduled for 16 March 2023, on the subject of AgTech for input optimisation 😉